cat /dev/maxilys

A glance in the mind of a KDE/Linux developer to see how ideas turn into code.

2007-03-10

KDE: Reincarnation

No news means good news. Since I got no answer (yet) from the author of Kate Session Menu, I suppose our little (informal) competition goes on. ;-) My last move was to prepare Kassie for its appearance in the KMenu.

For this purpose, I merged the two menus "Available Sessions" and "Running Session" into a single one with two sections. It's not possible to do Control + Click in the KMenu, so the applet doesn't use this feature any more. The "Available Sessions" section lists only the non-running sessions. If there are running sessions, then the second section --appropriately labelled "Running Sessions"-- will show up.

The behavior remains unchanged. You can open an available session or activate a running one. That's the sub-menu that will be attached to the KMenu.

Dropping on the KMenu is however still an issue. Maybe I will add a drop target like KGet. I think that's the best idea. The drop target will react just like the applet. A drop... Then a popup menu to select the (real) target. That will be for Kassie 0.4. I already have a major re-writting to do in Kassie 0.3, apart from writing the KMenu extension.

The applet will disappear... so that only the (not K-)PanelButton remains. I don't know why I inserted the (not K-)PanelButton into a KPanelApplet. It's stupid since a (not K-)PanelButton can appear alone in the Kicker. So... Reincarnation! This will remove the useless handle that steals space in the Kicker.

But, right now, I have something very important to take care of: Find my bed! ;-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home