cat /dev/maxilys

A glance in the mind of a KDE/Linux developer to see how ideas turn into code.

2007-03-14

KDE: A kind of success

That's it, I've finally succeeded in hiding this annoying applet handle. I tried what I was told in the comments of my previous post. It didn't work. Period. As I said, the handles of the applets on my Kicker's panels are hidden unless hovered. I can try as hard as I want to hide() them, "somebody" will sooner or later come and show() them.

Same player, shoot again!

Besides, it wasn't so easy to find that F'ing AppletHandle. It's not a brother of Kassie, it's an uncle. In other words, in the tree of widgets where Kassie is a child, the AppletHandle is at the same level than Kassie's parent. That's wasn't hard to guess once I hadn't found it in asking the list of wigdets of Kassie's parent.

Once I had found the AppletHandle, I tried handle->hide(), handle->setHidden(true), even grandParent->removeChild(handle). By the way, this last idea was wrong: Kicker exploded.

There comes the other way to hide things: To make them so small that you can't see them any more. handle->setMaximumSize(0, 0) and the same thing for the minimum size. It worked! Success!

Success? Really?

Now, how can I move Kassie around? No handle any more, no sub-menu to do it. When you install Kassie in your Kicker's panel, you just have to make the wish that it will appear right where you want. --It seldom happens this way.

So... As I already said: Wait for Plasma/KDE 4.

Case closed. Dismissed! ;-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home