cat /dev/maxilys

A glance in the mind of a KDE/Linux developer to see how ideas turn into code.

2006-12-16

Round corners for Danimo

It doesn't look like to be possible to post a comment on Danimo's blog for some reason. Whatever... Here is my great achievement! ;-)

If somebody could confirm that it works with Infamous Explorer that would be great. I could only test my CSS skills on Konqueror, Firefox, Opera and Epiphany... and Lynx.

It works!

Update: Thanks to Pipitas, I know that my CSS works in IE 6 and beyond.

I added the caption bar. It looks better. And I looked at Danino's code so I can also say that to limit the width, this must be done on the div "ToKeepThisInOnePiece"... but all the code text must be formated to be sure that it never exceeds the width of its container. With my <pre>-formated text, it doesn't work. Only the <p>aragraphs behave correctly.

4 Comments:

At 16 December, 2006 14:08, Blogger Brcha said...

Thank you both.

Those round corners look very nice and with quite clean design.

And that netrenderer is a nice tool to test a site with "something that some people call browser".

Btw, round corners work also on Symbian S60 mobile using the Symbian's default browser (called "Web" on my phone), NetFront and Opera browsers.

 
At 16 December, 2006 23:00, Blogger Maxilys said...

No, no, you didn't misunderstand me. The URL you gave me answered my question: Which IEs, if any?

And no thank you, I don't need any script to install several times IE. I don't even have one single Windows at home, I definitely don't want to polute my harddisk with only the worst of it. :-)

 
At 17 December, 2006 00:17, Blogger Daniel D. said...

very cool trick with round corners. I was about to use it for a kopete chat style, but...

It doesn't allow for differently-colored inner background... :(

 
At 17 December, 2006 00:23, Blogger Daniel D. said...

Nahh, my mistake, filling a background works fine, just have to do it at < b > level. Very cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home