cat /dev/maxilys

A glance in the mind of a KDE/Linux developer to see how ideas turn into code.

2006-12-10

KDE: Password, please!

Yesterday, I saw this blog and I kinda agreed with Danimo that the asterisks you can see when you enter a password are a bit old-fashioned.

Danimo wrote that some improvement can be brought into KDE 4 but not KDE 3. Since I don't like to be told that something is impossible, I opened the QT3 docs.

Contrarily to what Danimo said, QStyle::SH_LineEdit_PasswordCharacter exists in QT3. So, I ripped his little example... et voilĂ !

[password.png]


I don't care where it comes from, it's just so much nicer than the asterisks that it will be in Serenity 1.7.

Oh boy! The hibernation is already over! I also have some panels to make visible again in Kontact and maybe something to do for Amarok. (Serenity doesn't like the way Amarok changes its colors... and I never care because I use XMMS.)

Next year seems to be earlier this year! :-D

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home