cat /dev/maxilys

A glance in the mind of a KDE/Linux developer to see how ideas turn into code.

2006-12-08

KDE: Dot Zero

Okay, this is a very bad habit but I released another "dot zero" version of Serenity: 1.6.0

There's no bug but I got vexed by the criticism of the "Modern" treeviews. ;-) I worked on the graphics yesterday. I already had 2 possible replacements yesterday... but in fact I've released a 3rd solution.

And the expanders really look like to turn around the dot. That's nice.

Besides, for this "dot zero" version, I edited the INSTALL file to add a very important option for the 'configure' script: --disable-debug.

That's strange but I think I was able to gain even more speed. I should rename Serenity into "Rocket". :-D

Now, I can hibernate until next year...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12 December, 2006 01:56, Blogger Unknown said...

small suggestion: provide some topic-appropriate screenshots with your postings. since you're talking about your style, shots of the style would be great. that way we don't have to spend the time installing the newest revision of the style to see the progress. which in turn may get us to install it ;)

 
At 12 December, 2006 05:18, Blogger Maxilys said...

The first screenshot on Serenity's page at KDE-Look reflects the tiny change I made. Maybe should I have told it somewhere... I'll think about it for the next time.

 
At 03 January, 2007 06:57, Blogger Steve Tose said...

I've never used serenity or installed it or heard about it except for several links from rss and planet kde. Without your post I still would have suspected that kde-look would have screenshots. You and other developers should consider how many actual keypresses and/or mouseclicks would result in users knowing anything about your project. I know you don't do it for $ but please consider providing links or some such.
Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home